Terms and Conditions
Consumer access portal
- By using the Lend Guard website you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. If you don’t agree, you will be unable to use this service.
- Lend Guard Pty Ltd A.C.N. 644 262 742 (Lend Guard) receives information about your credit activities from a variety of credit providers in compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Lend Guard uses this information to:
- help protect you from fraudulent credit applications,
- help credit providers to determine the appropriateness of their products for you, in compliance with regulations, and
- help you build a strong credit profile to provide access more competitive credit products.
- We provide you access to your information to help you understand the information that is being shared between credit providers and allow you to help us ensure that we only hold information about you that is accurate.
- The only other people who can access your information are people who you provide consent through an application for credit. Consent is provided through the Terms and Conditions that you accept when making a credit application.
- In order to use this service, you will need to be:
- at least 18 years old, and
- able to identify yourself via documentation provided by the government.
- By default, Lend Guard will send you email notifications when your credit file is accessed or changed. We do this to help you protect your identity. You can opt-out of these notifications at any time by changing your notification settings.
- Lend Guards products and services strictly adhere to the Privacy Act.
- We only share information with you that’s about you. Therefore, it is important that you agree that you only provide information about you and that the information that you provide is up-to-date and accurate.
- Sometimes we will ask you to provide additional documentation to prove your identity. We will use this documentation to help ensure that your identity and privacy is protected.
- If Lend Guard is not confident that the identity information that you have provided is complete and accurate we will deny access to your file. We do this to make sure that we protect the data of all the borrowers that we hold information about.
- You must not provide any information that is not about you, nor provide inaccurate information.
- You must not attempt to access information about other people or make representations on behalf of other people.
- You must not attempt to disrupt or interfere with any of Lend Guard’s products or services.
- If Lend Guard believes that you have breached any of these terms, we may disable access to your account.
You may cancel your account with Lend Guard at any time by contacting us.
Other Legal Issues
- Force Majeure: If you or Lend Guard is unable to abide by these terms because of some event that is reasonably beyond our control, neither will be held responsible. In any such event, any obligation one has to the other will be extended for the term of the event.
- Varying these Terms and Conditions: We may change these terms from time to time. Before doing so we will advise you through an email notification. If you do not cancel your account within 30 days of the notice, you agree to be bound by the updated Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions are governed by the Laws of Victoria. You and Lend Guard submit to the jurisdiction of the Laws of that State.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will be severed, however, the other provisions will remain intact.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Lend Guard and its licensors own all rights to the Lend Guard products and services, including all logos and trademarks, all technology and all content.
Liability: While Lend Guard makes every effort to ensure that the products and services provided by Lend Guard are accurate and in accordance with the relevant legislation, you acknowledge that:
- The services are provided on an “as is” basis
- Lend Guard cannot be held liable to you for any:
- Delay or unavailability of the service
- Data loss or corruption
- Financial decision or action taken or not taken by you or anyone else based on information provided by the Lend Guard products or services.
- Fraudulent or unauthorised access of the Lend Guard products or services.
- Loss, profit, goodwill, reputational damage, or any indirect or consequential loss.